2007年5月14日月曜日

Communicative activities

Hi☆
Today, I write about two communicative activities presented to us in the class of my university.
If we have a English class to teach children, there are a lot of way to teach.
One of the way were the communicative activities.
You can look the page which has the material we used in the lesson here→[http://www.englisheducation.iwate-u.ac.jp/Hall/kyouikuhou/TypicalCommunicativeActivities.files/frame.htm]

The first one was ''Information Gap'' which give different information to two person that which have one have information A but don't have B,and the other have information B but don't have A.
I had this activity fun but that was because I know how to tell the other without any examples to tell the other in English.
I think teacher want to point us only the example of the method because that was the topic.
So I don't make out this perpose is the truly the improvement, but I think we should point a lot of the example of how to tell the other the information exactly.
And this is a improvement I think, if childran make this quiz with theirself, that is very fun.
Making is very difficult because they can't write if they con't understand truly.
So,teacher have to do more support to children but students can have fun and understand deeply.

The second one was ''Interview'' which...are...example, children decide a sentence from some choice to make a sentence interview to others and after the interview time, present the result that they can find out the one who make the same sentense.
I think this activity is very easy way to practice talking with others.
If I improve this activity,I want all students interview to others but there are some students whose character is 'not positive.' For such students this activity can't do so nicely.
So, for the first time we practice with a few time to do the interview and then,make a number to do the interview and when we the interview, not only do 'with anyone you like'but also 'you have to do these person.'
Ofcourse, I don't think we have to do this activity like this everytime but I think we have to think the situation like this...

And last this is a very personal impression to the interview activity...I don't have fun when I did it,
Because I couldn't find the person who have the same idea.
So, I propose that we do this avtivity for the early time in one lesson and make students to find out the same sentense absolutely and make a pair to attend(do?) the lesson with.
After that activity and propose another activity, children can talk with person who haven't talked with.

What do you think about this propose of mine??

2 件のコメント:

Naojin さんのコメント...

Hello,Rozen. This is Naojin.
I agree your idea that interview is the key to communicating other students. Good job!!

JH さんのコメント...

Would you like to do the interview activity as a teacher in front of the class?